CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Nice Evening with New PW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Nice Evening with New PW Reply with quote

After Bunnell's Pond, I went to the Pequonnock at the Wonderland of Ice. Water has gotten lower, which meant I was able to wade easier with my Cabela's Premium Breathable hip waders.

First stop was where I had small bass and aggressive redbreasts hitting the Baby Torpedo but couldn't set the hook. I threw the spinner and an original pearl shad FLR-6, resulting in many swipes on the spinner and landing a dinky bass with it. Saw a nice bass come out from an area with structure right near shore as I reeled in the dinky bass, which had me tie on a Snag Proof weedless mouse and cast it onto shore into that area, but never had the bass take it.

I moved to my other usual spot which had redbreast and small bass very interested in any sort of small plastic or jig.

As the evening went on, I landed a total of 3 dinky bass, 6 redbreasts, 2 bluegills, 1 yellow, and 2 crappie. 1 of the bass came from the first stop. 1 crappie was 10" while the other was a new personal worst 2.5". Redbreasts ranged from 3" to healthy 5" fish. The yellow was just 3.5".

Hit the road around 8:30

The evening was very nice, not only due to the fun light action I had going, but I got to listen to birds, listen to the water flowing over rocks, hear a few nice American exhaust notes, not hear any typical Bridgeport noises, and wade farther into the stream than usual due to the low water level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: