CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Mono Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Mono Pond Reply with quote

After yesterday mornings showers cleared out I headed over to Mono Pond. Initially, the wind was fierce, but it mellowed out a little toward the late afternoon. I started off throwing a Zoom Horny toad in the pads on the East side of the island. The Pickerel were hitting left and right, but no sign of any Bass. I switched up to a Texas Rigged Powerworm with a 1/8 oz bullet sinker and moved out of the pads into more open water. The Pickerel bite continued, but still no Bass. After 3 hours on the water I got frustrated with the Slime Darts eating all my plastics so I headed home Evil or Very Mad

Have any of you landed decent sized Bass at Mono Pond before?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some good bass there last year. This year I have only been there a few times nothing much for bass but like you said pickeral are everywhere. I got one large mouth very small though on a senko. Last year they hit good on jitter bugs, but had no luck this year yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: