CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Fun Light Action on the Pequonnock 8/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Fun Light Action on the Pequonnock 8/21 Reply with quote

Friday afternoon when I wake up I check the radar and forecast to see if anything had changed after Thursday night. I saw they were talking about only a 30% chance of showers and storms and saw nothing on the radar, so I headed out arriving at the North Ave bridge around 4:30.

Threw the pearl grey shiner FLR-6, which landed me a number of largemouths under a pound and a few redbreasts, including 1 yellow and an 8" striper.

Then I go to the Wonderland of Ice and covered areas that were deep enough. It was very easy to wade in the water due to the low level.

As the evening went on, I was on a roll with largemouths and panfish. Lures were the FLR-6 and a few soft plastics no bigger than 2".

Hit the road just before 8.

Total was at least 10 largemouths up to an 11" cookie cutter, 4 crappie up to 9", 1 dinky yellow, plenty of aggressive redbreasts, and 3 bluegills. It was fun to see the redbreasts explode on some of the soft plastics as I'd work it like a fly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: