CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Mondo Ponds Milford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishindoc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Mondo Ponds Milford Reply with quote

In CT visiting family for the holidays. Hit up Mondo over the last few days with surprising success. Quite a few pickerel, many over 20 inches. Also some yellow perch and black crappie (which I didn't know were in there). Only three bass, one 2.5 lbs. All caught on suspending jerkbaits near deeper water, but either held above or ripped through the vegetation. No state records, but it sure is fun catching some solid fish this late in the year.
bdiggy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Cool
samthefisherman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alot of crappie in there
ladyfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since i live down the st. from this pond , I have fished it back when it was Water Co. property & ilegal to fish. You had to sneak in with the risk of losing your tackle if you were caught. As soon as the city purchased it, it became home to the 'bucket brigade' that have taken everything out of there ....I witnessed people snagging LMB on spawning beds, catching a bucket full of sunnies only to throw them into the bushes when they left...."kill the junkfish" they said, but those 'junfish' are what feeds the Bass. You used to be able to throw a Zara Spook & retreive a Pickeral with every other cast. Not any more. I know for a fact that if there are any Crappie in abundance it is because there was someone privately stocking them.....A few years ago I had approached the DEP/city with a suggestion to stock Bass or catfish but that was just a joke to them. I'm glad to hear someone had a good day catching something up there, its just upsetting that on a scale of 1-10 as to what it used to be, its now a - 2
fishindoc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladyfisher- I know what you mean about the "bucket brigade". I've been there more than a few times and seen them. A few times some have seen me catch fish and then asked me to give it to them. Obviously I refused. It is a shame, especially since it offers so many good spots for shore fishing. I like it because it is so close, and since I visit from out of state it offers me the chance to sneak out for a while without having to scout out a new lake. I have to say though that last summer I took some quality bass, none more than 3.5 lbs., but all looking healthy. I think that what keeps the place in decent shape is the fact that it not often fished in the middle by people in canoes/kayaks. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where the big girls hide out. I'll be up there this weekend, so maybe I'll give it a shot on Saturday if it's not iced over.
Cardellichio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mondo pond can produce some nice bass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: