CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: New Guy From Ny (Tourney Angler on the Mend)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bassbum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: New Guy From Ny (Tourney Angler on the Mend) Reply with quote

Hi guys

my name is Dennis, I'm from Dutchess County, Ny (formerly Orange Co)

I live to fish for bass and LOVE to fish deep water structure

tourney angler recovering from an accident......so just fun fishing for now

(and no......I don't do high end tackle, but I don't bring a knife to a gun party either.......... Wink
Location is everything

Just a few of my recent catches from this summer in Orange County Ny

Looking forward to talking fishing with some of you

D~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first, great fish! I was hoping to pick your brain a little bit I love bass fishing but I usually struggle more as the water warms and the fish start to stay in the deeper water. I don't have much experience fishing deep for bass and I was just wondering what you use in those times?
Bassbum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripper Hunter wrote:
First things first, great fish! I was hoping to pick your brain a little bit I love bass fishing but I usually struggle more as the water warms and the fish start to stay in the deeper water. I don't have much experience fishing deep for bass and I was just wondering what you use in those times?

"deep water" is relative to the body of water and baitfish present......a good contour map and a depth finder are all you really need......the best places are irregularities in the breaks, with bends topping the list......transition areas or the presence of rock increases the odds......the closer these are to the forage, the higher the percentages

any bottom bait will do, I've smoked them on a 4" finesse bait and up to a 3/4oz jig......water clarity, temp and season will determine the size of the strike zone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: