CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Beat the Skunk with a Shoreline Keeper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Beat the Skunk with a Shoreline Keeper Reply with quote

Friday I headed down to Seaside, arriving at the breakwater around 3:15. Low tide was scheduled for 4:28. Skies were partly to mostly cloudy and winds started as a northeast before changing to a westerly then to a steady southeast and then back to a light west.

I played with a number of lure and not bother with topwater much. Bait was still very thick. Blues started busting right near dead low, but just like last time, they'd be busting in 1 spot for no more than 3 minutes and then leave.

2 lures I got attention with were a Strom Thunderstick Madlfash and a purple gold Rapala CNR-8. Got a stiff hard hit on the Storm. Got 2 bluefish hits on the CNR-8. Lost a blue and small fluke on the CNR-8 and beat the skunk with a 16.5" shoreline keeper fluke on the CNR-8.

I followed the technique the 2 guys were using with their Krocs on Sunday, by giving the CNR-8 and 4 to 6 second countdown before reeling at a steady speed.

Headed back to shore by the time it was 7 and pedaled around Breezy Point to look for action before heading Downtown by 7:30.

This marks the first time I've landed a shoreline keeper fluke in at least 3 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: