CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake zoar 9/20/2015
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Lake zoar 9/20/2015 Reply with quote

Launched at the state launched in Southbury at 6:15 this morning. Still dark out on the water and the water was very very green with tons of algae everywhere.
The majority of the fish I caught today where on drop shot with the exception of one wacky rig.

I worked the far end of the shore for a while with not much success then paddled to the other side over by the first Cove. It was there that I switched to a drop shot with decent success. Heading back towards the launch my kayak was surrounded by dozens of carp and walleye and I managed to score 3 largemouth bass in that school.

Altogether for my first time kayaking that lake I enjoyed myself and the boat traffic wasn't so bad. I definitely see myself going there again. Without having a fish finder I would say the winds were about 10 knots with a very slight chop to the water
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Memorial Day and after Labor Day are the times of the year when you don't find much boat traffic, mostly due to school and work, along with seasonal climate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: