CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lower Bolton Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Lower Bolton Lake Reply with quote

Had a tournament on 9/12. Morning was filled with thick dense fog that lasted until about 9:30. I started to the left of the launch cruising to the point and started throwing a super hog with a 1/4oz weight. Got to the house in the cove with a rock wall and got keeper number one (12.5"). Got some more bites and a short so we kept moving. In the smaller cove near 44 I caught another keeper (12"). We hung around that pocket for a bit and no more so kept moving. My no boater and I realized no one else was even close to us and were stacked on top of each other elsewhere so we decided to turn around and fish "cleaner" water. Back in the cove where I caught my second, my non boater boated his first on a jig (13"). Once the fog lifted we knew it was time to make a change cause we weren't getting the bites we needed. Went back to the point where we started and I switched to a rattlin rapala (rattle trap essentially) and got my third keeper (12.25"). We spent the rest of the day going back and forth between that point and the launch and putting on a clinic for the guys watching us. I caught 15 keepers in total and my non boater 8 in total. Most guys in the club weighed in under 3 fish. I had 6.41lb, which isn't that much, but I had a blast catching that many fish.

I broke the tip off my pole while culling a fish by accident so I got a new cabela's tourney ZX rod and decided to get a new Abu Garcia revo reel as well and wanted to play around with my new toy. Went back to Lower Bolton yesterday 9/20 to see if I could replicate what I did. The fish did not bite in any of the spots from last week, but I did manage a limit again cruising around the lake with my rattling rapala on the new rod. Most of my luck came near the dam this time. Unfortunately I didn't catch as many as last week, but I think my bag yesterday was bigger than last week Sad . Oh well that's fishing. I absolutely love my new set up though. The ZX series have awesome action and sensitivity. Matched with the incredibly smooth revo reel it's an awesome combo and extremely light. I recommend both to anyone looking to buy a new set up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: