CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Mansfield Hollow 9/27
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imsafanct

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Mansfield Hollow 9/27 Reply with quote

I've kept after it, having fished Mansfield the past 5 weekends. I finally got my first pike there two weeks ago on a 7" weighted Suick. I was back at it yesterday morning, launching in 44 degree weather. I had only two pike follows and no commitments. This monster, however, was more than willing to crush my 2 oz. gold and red Pearson's Grinder spinnerbait.

I weighed the fish on my Boga and it measured just over the 6 lb. mark. Not what I was after, but a giant nonetheless, and the fish fought tough, trying to bury itself in the weed mats. No out of the water aerobatics from this fish.

As an aside, I also caught a 2 lb. largemouth on a 9" Drifter Tackle Super Believer. Someone really needs to tell the largemouth at Mansfield that they aren't supposed to eat huge musky lures! I love it!

-Eric
Wheelman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Nice bass Reply with quote

NICE!!! I just read the latest article in Infisherman magazine and they said to throw big baits in September and give big bass a reason to bite, looks like there right! I have fished the lake before and there is definitely a healthy bass population. The largest bass I've caught at Mansfield is 3 lbs. but I have only fished there twice. I guess I should make another trip to bad it's an hour drive. Keep on fishing!!

PB 6lbs. LMB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: