CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Beat the Skunk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Beat the Skunk Reply with quote

Tuesday was the first nice day in a while after all that rain, wind, and cold. I hit Seaside around noon, with low tide being 1:11 and high being 7:20. Water was mostly calm and nice and clear vs the past week.

Nothing was happening on the last of the outgoing. Once the tide started turning was when tailors started busting the peanut bunker.

As I walked out on the Fayerweather jetty, I saw very thick schools of peanut bunker along the grassy area and rocks around the bend. I waded and casting for a while until blues got active, which was when I moved farther over to where they were and pencil popped with an XRW-13. That resulted in losing a tailor and landing a 3 to 4 pounder.

By the time I let the small tailor go, the blues had left.

I went back to shore to keep an eye on things. Peanut bunker eventually got very very thick up and down the beach and tailors and schoolies would sometimes move in.

For the rest of the evening I only had 2 other explosions, with 1 being on the XRW-13 and another on a SSP-12. Had 2 hits on a Chrome FLR-16.

Was very disappointed that nothing ever stirred up in the evening with all the peanut bunker along the shore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: