CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: It Sure Wasn't My Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: It Sure Wasn't My Day Reply with quote

Thursday afternoon around 1 is when I arrive at Seaside. Low tide was 3:03. Winds were a steady 8 to 12 ranging from the southeast to southwest.

Throughout the day the birds and fish were pretty quiet.

Before arriving, I was the victim of an accident, where a man getting out of his parked car opened the driver's door right as I start passing the car while riding my bike downhill. I only had 2 small bruises. Nothing happened to my rod, reel, tackle bag, and waders. Small little damage to my bike.

Things turned on for no more than 30 to 45 minutes as low tide approached. That was when I get an explosion while pencil popping with an XRW-13 and set the hook. Got a 3 pound blue right near me. When I was getting ready to handle it, it started pulling again, resulting in line snapping, causing me to lose the lure and leader. Same thing happened again with a SSP-12 and 8 pound tailor. Cut about 2 feet of the braid before tying another leader on. Got 2 more explosions before things went dead.

A local was casting with me when I lost the 2 fish. He and I were surprised that the line decided to snap right as I get the fish near me after all the runs and jumps the 2 blues made.

It sure wasn't my day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: