CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Rock bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctorjay1970

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Rock bass Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can go in CT to catch rock bass? I live in the Cheshire area but am willing to travel.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Rock bass Reply with quote

I've caught them at Bantan River (small), guessing there is some in the lake too.

I also caught them on Lake Wonopakook.

Both on the kayak....
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're in the Naugy
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everywhere. Laughing

Seriously, though, the biggest ones I've seen are in East Twin Lake. However, if you plan to eat them, that's not a good choice of water.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a boat so I fish from shore. Any good shore spots where I can catch some rock bass?
doctorjay1970

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
They're in the Naugy

The Naugy is closest to me but I haven't caught one there yet. What did you use and where on the Naugy?
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctorjay1970 wrote:
Michael wrote:
They're in the Naugy

The Naugy is closest to me but I haven't caught one there yet. What did you use and where on the Naugy?

I use Rapala Husky Jerk HJ-6 and Rapala Flat Rap FLR-6. A small spoon and spinner would be good too. Colors that work best for me are whites, grays, and silvers.

They're in a number of spots. Best thing to do is Google Map the Naugy to find where you can get shoreline access and make note of all the spots with the routes to take.
doctorjay1970

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
doctorjay1970 wrote:
Michael wrote:
They're in the Naugy

I use Rapala Husky Jerk HJ-6 and Rapala Flat Rap FLR-6. A small spoon and spinner would be good too. Colors that work best for me are whites, grays, and silvers.

They're in a number of spots. Best thing to do is Google Map the Naugy to find where you can get shoreline access and make note of all the spots with the routes to take.

Thanks Michael. I've actually done that. Now they have Atlantic Salmon rules governing the Naugy. Flies and single hook lures only. Ugh.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctorjay1970 wrote:
Michael wrote:
doctorjay1970 wrote:
Michael wrote:
They're in the Naugy

Thanks Michael. I've actually done that. Now they have Atlantic Salmon rules governing the Naugy. Flies and single hook lures only. Ugh.

That's only in designated stretches of the river that get stocked. If you land a salmon in any areas not stocked, you can only keep it if it is caught with a single barbless hook lure during the open season and is of legal length.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: