CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: We're to fish on Lake Lillinonah
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRO12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: We're to fish on Lake Lillinonah Reply with quote

Where is the best place to fish for bass on Lake Lillinonah . I never bin there before and never fished for bass. I will be launching my yak from the state boat launch so some place close to there would be nice.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I just read this.

There is no one good place to fish on Lilly. That river changes constantly. I've caught big fish everywhere on that lake but never in the same spot twice. If I had to make a suggestion I would start at the launch under the bridge and work that shore north. After that if your daring I would launch out of Pond Brook Cove. I've landed some big fish in Pond Brook including a 10lb Cat Fish. Head across from Pond Brook and a head south you have the Shepaug River. (Google Map First) Some of my best Lilly fishing has been in there along the left shore heading up river.

Unfortunately for Yakers Lilly is a "Really Big River" and the fish constantly move chasing bait. Cloudy, Overcast, drizzly days produce the best. Sunny days you'll have to fish right on top of structure.

Very big Pike in there. Big Flashy Lures work best. It's not uncommon to hook a pan fish and have a big pike come up and snatch it.

I've found that Black and Blue in timber produces best. Baby Paca Craw with a 3/8 pegged bullet weight Texas Rigged.

Fish Size depends on whats hanging out there that day, You have to be willing to chance snags.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any good shore locations to fish from on Lake Lillinonah?
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The State Launch offers some shore area. If you have waders there is quite a bit. Map Quest Lovers Leap and follow the river north. There is a couple miles of shore access in the narrow section of the river that can be accessed. You also have Pond Brook Cove. Again waders would definitely be a asset. There is a trail along the west side of Pond Brook that offers some shore access. Map the river. There is a bay on the west side of the dam that offers alot of shore access.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: