CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Sunset Frenzy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Sunset Frenzy Reply with quote

Sunday I arrived at Seaside around 1. Low tide was scheduled for 4:10. Air was nice and winds were a steady 8 to 12 west. Cold front was scheduled to move through causing winds to turn northerly and get gusty later.

A number of casters were already along the beach and out by the grass area. I tried casting by the beach and then decided to head out to where the action has been mostly recently. That's where I got into schoolies. 1 came on an original pearl shad FLR-10, 2 on a gold XRW-11, and 2 on a Striper Delight popper. Also landed a blue about 8 or 9 pounds on the XRW-11. Had many explosions.

Later once things had died down and tide was coming in, I headed back to shore. As I chilled out with other surf casters, gulls became active farther down the beach. That's when I headed down that way.

I arrive at the area where the gulls had been active to find peanut bunker being chased. Took a while to get an explosion, but then once it was almost sunset, BAM! Blues were in a frenzy feeding on the peanut bunker as they'd go back and forth along the sandbar. Landed 4 and lost 1. TONS of explosions! Lure was pencil popping with the gold XRW-11. All blues were 8 to 11 pounds.

Once there was hardly any sunlight showing, the bite died and I hit the road.

This has been the best fall run I've seen in YEARS!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: