CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater Stripers & Blues @ Seaside ***PIC***
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Topwater Stripers & Blues @ Seaside ***PIC*** Reply with quote

Thursday afternoon I arrive at Seaside around 12:30. Low tide was scheduled for 1:16. Winds were a nice 5 to 10 west and southwest. Air was very comfy.

Right as I arrive I saw gulls working the peanut bunker. I walked out there once I parked my bike and threw that same purple black bottle neck. Eventually landed an 11 pound gator.

Once the blues stopped coming in and out for the peanut bunker, I took a break on shore. Later is when birds started getting very active and thick out by Fayerweather. I headed out there.

As I casted the popper, I final got a nice explosion and set the hook. Right as I set the hook, my drag was screaming! This fish was running fast and far with 15 pound Power Pro Super Slick. I could tell it was a striper. Finally it tired out and started working it in carefully. It still took a few short runs. Landed a keeper that I got measured and weighed back on shore, making it 39" 20 pounds 6 ounces.

Took a break on shore and then started casting again, resulting in 1 explosion and landing an 8 pound tailor.

Birds got very active out by Fayerweather again so other surfcasters and I headed out there. I landed a 22" schoolie and had 2 swipes. Others landed a few schoolies with SP Minnows and spoons.

Once things had calmed down and I was back on shore, I hit the road around 6:30.

39" 20 lb 6 oz striper on custom made wooden purple black 1 1/2 oz bottle neck popper
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: