CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Post your rigged up Kayak Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a Field and stream eagle run and its a decent sit in side kayak. I came from have an Old town pack canoe and I miss it dearly. There wasn't a place I couldn't go in that canoe. Dick's sells them as the 119 discovery and the new model is the Old Town Next. Never been in the next but I'm sure its worth the 1k price.

for $500 though the eagle run is okay, only had it out a few times but I don't think ill ever be able to stand in it like i could in the old town pack.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some updated pics/mods

Added TBox Sonar Phone
Custom Clothes line re tractor anchor (with Paracord)
Powerpack
Fishing tool holder
Custom 10' Paddle
Hand Paddle

PRO12

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: My yak Reply with quote

My yak only bin in fresh water once. I mostly fish The mouth of the Mouth of the
Housatonic river. I would like to try some LMB fishing what do I need as far as bait and rod set up? And we're to go in Fairfield county.
Evil Bass Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: my kayak. Reply with quote

HERE IS MY SLAYER PROPEL 13.[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Ocean Kayak Prowler 13t with Garmin fish finder and field and stream 12' sit in with hummingbird fish finder.

pic host

upload image online free
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seem to tweak and mod more than actually use it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: my kayak. Reply with quote

Evil Bass Hunter wrote:

HERE IS MY SLAYER PROPEL 13.[/img]

This KAYAK IS UP FOR SALE 2,000 firm as is..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be running Lowrance HDS 7 Gen3 on my kayak and boat this year
Just have to pickup another structure scan transducer and ram arm over the winter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I caved to the peer pressure (primarily from Mase2020) and bought myself a SOT. I opted for the new Perception Pescador Pro 100 because it's 56 lbs and 10' 6", manageable for the backwoods Bass adventures I enjoy. I picked up a fiberglass 250cm Carlisle Predator Paddle to propel the new rig.

Now that I have a bit more storage room, my minimalist mentality will change slightly. "Rigged" for me will be a Cabela's tackle backpack, a modified Flambeau Dry Box with 2 added rod holders, a small landing net, 2 casting set-ups and 1 spinning set-up. I definitely need to take advantage of the YakAttack track system and get a rod and paddle holder. Despite the built in fish finder console and transducer specific scupper, I'm die hard anti-electronics in my fishing. No fish finder on this rig!

Been sick as a dog the last 2 weeks, can't wait to get this thing on the water!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You let Alan talk you into a SOT, Anthony? 🤔

Nice yak, anyway. . . . 😆

You need to hit the water, soon. The fish are waking up. Of course, the weather is going all to hell. If you'd like to catch some white perch, the anadromous ones are up in the rivers and coves, now. They spawn when the water gets to around 52 degrees. Hamburg Cove is a good place to go. You could launch next to the Hamburg Cove Yacht Club at 13 Cove Road in Lyme.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't put it 100% on Alan, but he definitely chimed in plenty. My second choice was the Jackson Kilroy (sit-in), but I didn't want to spend over a grand. In the $700 range, the Perception had the length and width I was after, a comfy seat and I love the color scheme. I'm going to give it a go and if I don't like the SOT I'll flip it on here and begin the search again.

Thanks for the fishing info. I've yet to hit Hamburg in a yak, but have heard good things. I'm eager to get up in the Nuke channel soon. I need a "test voyage" in the new boat first before I adventure out in the open river.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: