CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds
Viewing Topic: Power Ice Auger $125
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooper47

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Power Ice Auger $125 Reply with quote

For sale: Jiffy 30 Power Auger. 8”, 3 hp Tecumseh engine. Model AV520, Type 670. This is a 2-cycle engine, so you have to add 2-cycle oil (5 oz./gal.) to your gasoline. This auger is 27 years old, but has not been used a lot considering its age, and it has been well maintained.

If you want to see it cut ice, look at this video I made and posted to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnB0IVJld4

Video comments: I made this video March 11, 2015. The auger has not been used since then. This was not the first start up. The guy in the video, who owns it, started it once, seconds before this, but the warm-up was long, and I didn’t want to post a long video. The pause at the beginning is to regulate the choke. The ice was 17” thick and had a wet layer near the bottom causing the binding at the end. That guy was 67 years old at the time of filming!

The guy in the video, my fishing buddy of over 40 years, purchased this auger at Valley Sports in Easthampton MA in 1988. Until 2008, he used it only on weekends and drilled only 5-10 holes a day. Never stored vertically in a hole in ice; it spent eight months a year in a dry, dehumidified basement. In 2008 I bought a light-weight one, and he didn’t use this one more than once or twice a year after that. The auger was tuned up professionally two years ago. It weighs 35.6 lbs.

What you get: the auger, the original plastic blade cover, both owner’s manuals (auger & motor), an extra set of blades that need sharpening, and the original Allen key for removing the head. The gas cap is a replacement, and the installed spark plug is brand new. In my opinion, the idle is a little high so you will have to adjust it.

You will have to pick it up at my home in NW Easthampton MA (25 minutes north of the state line) and pay cash / exact change. I live only about 4 miles from the Ox Bow, so with a MA fishing license and $3 for parking, you can try it out right away.

Price of the current model brand new is $370 (plus $23 sales tax) without extra blades. The cost of this one is $125.
livetoskate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see this was posted awhile ago but do you still have it?
scooper47

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Auger Reply with quote

Yes.
livetoskate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am interested, you still in mass? I sent you a PM
scooper47

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took me so long to find this message. When I didn't hear from you, I stopped looking. There is no message in my box.
livetoskate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to send it. If you send me a PM maybe I can reply, otherwise I can give you my email. Just didn't want to post my # publicly
scooper47

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how to iniate a PM either. Email me at qbcusa @ yahoo.com.
livetoskate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I sent you an email let me know if you get it
scooper47

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Auger Reply with quote

This auger is still for sale. $100. If interested, email me at qbcusa @ yahoo DOT com. I check that address every Friday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: