CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Checked it Out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Checked it Out Reply with quote

Friday I decided to head out to Mondo to see what the condition was like after a record warm December and recent very cold temps. I arrived around 2:15 to find both ponds covered with very thin ice. The smaller pond still had 2 areas of open water and the main pond had a stretch of open water.

I hit all spots that had the open water and threw a variety of lures, including Husky Jerks, X-Raps, streamer jig, weightless soft plastics, and Texas rigged 4" Berkley Power Worm. I never had anything interested.

At 1 spot there was a school of bluegills hanging out just under the surface along the shore. The only thing that got them to hit was something small and live or a small berry on a hook. The trick was to quietly drop it right in front of them and do some jigging with it and tapping it on the surface. Landed 2 about 7". 1 came on a centipede I dug up and the other on a tiny red berry.

Hit the road around 5:10

Supposed to warm up this weekend with lots of rain on Sunday, followed by cold temps next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: