CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Where is all the safe ice at?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassLikeMe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Where is all the safe ice at? Reply with quote

Please I need to fish.... I am going insane if I don't fish, pulling out my hairs and teeth, any 1 with any info please
flyorice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: The first place to try Reply with quote

I'm pretty confident that the first pond to freeze in CT is Wood Creek Pond in Norfolk. With that said, I have NOT been there this year. But cold weather is in the forecast!!
Pickerel, LM bass, and panfish are the fare. The elevation is high, the pond is shallow(4-6 feet), and the access is relatively easy(walk to the left over the dam).
Hopefully, this year, the CT community will share info instead of hiding it. I know people have there secret spots, and that is fine - if you want to keep your secrets close. But when it comes to safety, there is no excuse for withholding info!!
See you on the ice soon.
flyorice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: The first place to try Reply with quote

I'm pretty confident that the first pond to freeze in CT is Wood Creek Pond in Norfolk. With that said, I have NOT been there this year. But cold weather is in the forecast!!
Pickerel, LM bass, and panfish are the fare. The elevation is high, the pond is shallow(4-6 feet), and the access is relatively easy(walk to the left over the dam).
Hopefully, this year, the CT community will share info instead of hiding it. I know people have there secret spots, and that is fine - if you want to keep your secrets close. But when it comes to safety, there is no excuse for withholding info!!
See you on the ice soon.
roofman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea
Go to ice shanty CT and post 3 times.Then the magic happens and you will have access to the most private info on where to fish safely.Good luck and stay safe.
MSM072890

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the small ponds around my house are frozen, I have been told Mt. Tom and a few small ponds out in the northwest corner are frozen. Winchester is good to go and the front of Highland I have heard is good. What type of fish do you want to go for?
bassLikeMe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im from the Danbury area, I'm really not looking for any kind of species. Just looking to jig up some fish and maybe drop down some tip ups
MSM072890

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if Candlewood was frozen over I'd tell you that was the best jigging spot in the state. But unfortunately I don't think that is anywhere close. If you want to go for Pike south cove at Bantam is frozen. Winchester is frozen too. Front of Highland should be fine now. Also I would check out some places in new York state that are close being that far west.
patt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: ice fishing black pond Reply with quote

went ice fishing saturday the 23rd black pond in union 5inchs of ice but open in the middle,guys were catching trout,blackbass
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Lake was completely locked up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: