CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River paddle camping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: CT River paddle camping Reply with quote

Took a bit of a sabbatical when my grandson was born. To those I have fished with, its nice to read your fine reports again. I''ve re-geared to focus on canoe camping/fishing the CT River between River Highlands Cromwell down to Seldon island in Deep River. There are 3 spots with river access only that allow camping for one night each by permit from the DEEPmeisters. I don't consider Gillettes an option, as they don't allow fire. All the rest have fire pits and tables. Its a tough ten mile paddle from Cromwell to Hurd, which doesn't leave much fishing time except for trolling, so I'll mostly concentrate on Hurd>>>to Seldon with Salmon River Cove as a fishing layover. Seldon Island, if you don't know it, is amazing for paddle camping and fishing. Use the googles. Ive put my bass gear away as this stretch is ripe for pike and channel cats. Don't go to a big box tackle shop bored and wanting to fish. You can fit a hundred bucks in a lunch bag.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, welcome back. How have you been man. Hope all is well hope to see this year.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do you plan begin your adventure? I'm anxious to hear about your first experience! I live in Portland and have been saying for years I want to launch at the Mattabassett one Saturday AM and make my way to Seldens over the course of the weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on Kayak fishing/camping all over CT river......mostly undedicated spots though, but perhaps some that are dedicated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: