CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: First One of the Year!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: First One of the Year! Reply with quote

Sunday evening my dad and I hit the upper Housy. Arrived around 7pm with tide coming in. My dad brought his 8 footer while I used my 7'6" Star Rods Stellar.

First lure I started with was a Purpledescence FLR-16. Second cast and got a nice hit by an aggressive schoolie.

Later I decided to play topwater, and did a slow walk the dog with a Gold XRW-13. I got an explosion.

Next lure was a Chrome Purple MXR-15, which landed me a chunky 22" schoolie.

Tried throwing a Chrome FLR-16 with no luck before switching back over to the Purpledescence FLR-16 and then calling it a night.

My dad had 1 nice hit by an aggressive schoolie as he threw a purple SP Minnow.

Water felt about 50 degrees
sonamcobain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Thanks for the report Reply with quote

Knew it you would be first one posting on the saltwater section. What are my chances hitting penfield reef
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the report Reply with quote

sonamcobain wrote:
Knew it you would be first one posting on the saltwater section. What are my chances hitting penfield reef

Water temp is a big factor with holdover stripers. 50 degrees is the number, making them wake up. Once it gets into the mid 50s, they get aggressive.

Go on www.ndbc.noaa.gov to keep an eye on you local buoys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: