CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Best Topwater So Far!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Best Topwater So Far! Reply with quote

Tuesday when I get out of bed I check the forecast and radar. Things looked good for a day of fishing. When I hit the road to grab a bite to eat, I brought my freshwater gear with me planning on hitting Mondo. Once I was finished eating, I talked myself into hitting Seaside, even though there was a easterly wind and forecast was calling for gusty northeast winds in the evening. Arrived at Seaside just after 3pm. High tide was 3pm and water temps had been staying steady around 52.

As I'm riding my bike, I notice gulls starting to hover above the water. As more joined, splashing started. I get there too late.

Kept riding my bike along the shore to check out other spots. Water was choppy farther down the beach and there was no signs of action at the city ramp. I decided to head back to where I was seeing the stripers busting.

I get back to the spot and keep an eye on things. Stripers started busting bait again, so I got down there and started throwing the Gold XRW-13. As the stripers kept popping up and making a circle, I got a total of 6 explosions and set the hook on 1, landing a 24"er. The fish seemed to be a bit finicky, cause every time I'd get an explosion and miss it, the fish would not bother following and going for it again.

As tide got lower and northeast winds picked up, the bite died, so I went to Remington. No action ever happened at Remington as I waded. Saw stripers busting bait once more out by the harbor entrance marker.

Hit the road just before 7:30

Tuesday marked the best topwater bite I've gotten into so far, and also the most topwater action I've seen so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: