CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: new to fishing looking for help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykrish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: new to fishing looking for help Reply with quote

hello,

im in the us navy stationed in groton caught my first fish ever this past sunday a 2-3 lb large mouth and im hooked buying gear every day. im looking for good spots to fish fresh water close to groton. right now im driving 30 mins to these ponds all over and getting sunfish and that 1 bass.. looking for streams and such i wanna catch my wife a trought. Thank you
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long Pond in North Stonington has trout and big largemouth bass, but you really need a boat to fish it. If you can get onto the water, the boat launch is at 657 Lantern Hill Road.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeremy , Thank you for your service and Welcome to your new found addiction to fishing! I dont do much freshwater fishing as ive also been partial to saltwater so i dont have much experience with Bass or most freshwater fishing ( unless you wanna catch catfish haha). If you are interested into getting into some saltwater fishing I could give you a few pointers help you get started in the right direction. I just recently got a new boat and Ill be putting posts up throughout the season with invitations for some fishing buddies as i find it to be alot more fun fishing with other people. Dont worry about having to buy new gear for saltwater as i have plenty of gear i could lend if you were interested in coming out on a trip this year. Tight Lines and Good luck!

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: