CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassangler91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Bantam Lake Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i live in new york and have a tournament coming up at bantam. I wont be able to get there to practice and theres not much information online about it. I was wondering if you all could help me out a little. Not looking for all your information just basics like weeds, depth, bottom structure things like that. Thank you in advance and i look forward to reading your responses
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bantan is the larges natural body of water in CT. There is some cool history behind this lake (I believe it overflooded at some point and created lot of surrounding lakes etc).

State has been stocking it with Pike so it's the "pike place" in CT.

There is bass here, but I've never caught any (however I only went 2 times so experiances is limited).

Bantan river inflows (there are 2) have weedbeds all around, there is some weeds on the East north end as well.

Depth is mostly 20feet or so.

Let me know if you see any carp there......please
flyrodder

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fished it a bunch but without much luck. From my experience it's a super pressured lake. The inflow form the Bantam River in the north bay has weeds and grass all around it on either side. I've seen bass chasing schools of bait on the edges in the evenings. I've never really fished the south cove but i think it has a bunch of submerged grass (someone correct me if I'm wrong). From what I remember from ice fishing, the deepest parts of the lake are ~20 feet with much of it in the 8-9ft range between the shallows and the deeper 20ft sections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: