CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Somersville Pond - Somers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigRigBassFish

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Somersville Pond - Somers Reply with quote

Finally nice weather has arrived so i decided to explore a little bit in my kayak today. Ended up at Somersville Pond in Somers this afternoon. Not a bad day for 2 hours of fishing. 2 bass, 2 pickerel and one PIG lost. All fish were caught on a rubber swimbait with a 1/16oz jig head. Biggest bass was about a pound and half. Real short but a big fat belly. Found some laydowns tucked in the back, skipped a jig, let it sink, 2 short hops and its inhaled. Fought it for about 15 seconds, got a look at it, probably about 5lbs and 20-22" before a violent head shake shook my jig loose. I will definitely go back to this place, looks like it has good potential early in the year before the weeds take over.
reptile4

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there good shore access here? I am working on getting my kayak up to the area still and shenipsit hasnt been doing it for me so far.
BigRigBassFish

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shore access is pretty limited. I am always looking for new spots, still wary about taking my kayak out on the CT river
reptile4

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I dont think I will be taking my kayak into the river. I was on the kayak in scoville reservoir last weekend in wolcott and caught a nice 3 pounder, biggest of the year for me so far and I plan on going back soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: