CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Similar Pattern May 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Similar Pattern May 2014 Reply with quote

Monday I headed out to Milford Point, arriving around 3:15. Low tide for Sniffens Point was scheduled for 2:21 and high 8:26. When I get to the parking area, the wind wasn't feeling good. Once I got out to the water, OH MADONE!!!!!!!

Winds were whipping! Local buoy topped 33 knots while I was out there! Water was pretty cold too! Local buoy got all the way down to 51.3 this evening!

I could hardly cast, so later I grabbed a bite to eat and take it easy at the Gulf station. I was hoping by 7pm winds would die down and the fishing would pick up. Winds eventually did die down by 7:15 and was able to cast, but never got a single hit or follower.

Called it a night just after 8pm.

There was a lot of weeds floating around, as if the strong current and white caps stirred things up from below.

Back in May 2014 there was a very similar pattern. A powerful cold front brought 2 or 3 days of cool, rainy, windy weather. Once the cold front passed and rain stopped, skies became partly cloudy the next day with a gusty northerly flow, which killed the bite that had been hot on the Housy. It wasn't until a week or 2 later things turned back on after plenty of sunny, warm days with southerly flow.

This week I have off from work, which means Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be freshwater fishing. Thursday, Friday Saturday I'll be hitting the blues with my dad at IBSP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: