CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Seaside 5/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Seaside 5/19 Reply with quote

My dad and I were supposed to leave for IBSP Thursday, but change in plans meant leave Friday, so I hit Seaside to test my 9 footer and lures I'll be bringing. Rod is a 9' Star Rods Stellar and lures ranged from 1oz 4" cedar bottle neck and XRW-13 to 2oz purple black bottle neck and 2oz Hopkins.

Started off at Remington but noticed the water was still too high to wade. Low tide was scheduled for 4:41.

Next I rode my bike out to the rocks and mussel beds by Fayerweather and 2A. Somebody was already there but not having any luck. I threw a variety of topwaters but niente. The other guy there got an explosion.

Once tide was almost low, I hit my honey hole. Spent about 45 minutes there as the tide was coming in but still nothing.

Went back over to the rocks but it was quiet.

Southwest winds had picked up just before dead low and got stronger through the evening.

Last stop was areas along the beach. Saw a few small baitfish jump in some areas and saw some nice splashing that lasted for no more than 30 seconds.

Hit the road around 7:45.

Water temp was slowly rising as I was out there. Local buoy stayed steady at 54 for most of the time before topping 54.9 for my last few minutes in the water. Water felt nice along the beach and over by Breezy Point, but was cold out by Fayerweather.

Friday 5/20 my dad will be picking me up around 11am and then on our way to IBSP for 3 days. Seeing lots of vids of the gator blues they're nailing down there! Forecast calling for a nice day Friday before becoming rainy with a gusty east wind Saturday. Sunday morning the rain will end and winds will not be as gusty, but temps will be cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: