CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River - Linear Park
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigRigBassFish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: CT River - Linear Park Reply with quote

Took a mental health day from and took advantage of the nice weather and hit the river. Flow was not as bad as I thought considering the rain yesterday. Launched from Linear Park in South Windsor. Paddled across the the mouth of the Farmington only to find out that the water muddy. Paddled back across and floated down the island to the South. Ended up with 3 smallies, two of which were shy of 2lbs. Also had a pike dart out of the brush pile, just about rip the rod from my hands and slice my 50 pound braid. There is nothing better than fighting river smallies!
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught a walleye out of there, once. Don't discount the muddy water. I love it when the crystal clear water of the Farmington meets the muddy water of the Connecticut. Throw something noisy, like a spinnerbait, chatterbait or jighead with a spoon on it (e.g., a Roadrunner).

How bad was the silty mud at the end of the ramp/Vibert Road? Or was the water level high enough that you didn't have to deal with it? Better high then low, in any case.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water of the farmington was just as muddy as the river. First time out in that area so i stuck with what I know, and it paid off. The ramp was fairly muddy but i noticed that about 50 yards off the ramp, the water cleared up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: