CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New to the site.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevegauth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: New to the site. Reply with quote

Hey guys, im new to the site, but not to fishing. Well,sort of. I have been a bass fishing fool since i was old enough to fish. Never had too much interest in trout or salmon fishing as i always just pictured sitting and staring at a bobber for hours on end. Untill recently that is. I bought me a set of waders and a rod and reel suitable for trout. Let me tell you something, im hooked! (Pun intended.) ive spent nearly every free minute of the last couple months wading in the rivers and streams and catching some really nice fish. I really want to get into fly fishing, and will, but man, its a bit daunting at first glance with all the " different" equipment, and flies, and such. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.
Steve Gauthier.
Stevegauth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez,ive never introduced myself on a forum site full of like minded people and not been welcomed. Oh well
pdcrack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there -
Not many people read the new member section unfortunately!
Welcome to the site, don't be put off by your first post. There are some genuinely great people on here that offer good insight and advice
RobO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
Nice to see another trout fisherman on this site.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. I haven't waded and trout-fished since I was a kid,..but it was definitely a lot of fun!! If you want to get into fly fishing, I recommend going to Cabelas and talking with the people there! They are very knowledgable and will give you the scoop on equipment and fishing without any sort of pressure to buy anything (unless you want to...).

Anyway, good luck and have fun!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: