CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Seaside 6/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Seaside 6/15 Reply with quote

Wednesday afternoon I arrived at the Remington sandbar just before 2. Low tide was scheduled for 2:33 and was a high low tide. Air was warm and dry, sky was mostly sunny, and winds were a steady 8mph west and southwest with occasional 12 to 15mph gusts. Water rose throughout the day into the night, ranging from 59.9 when I got there to 62.2 when I left.

While wading and casting at Remington, I never got into anything no matter what I threw. As tide got closer to low, adult bunker started popping up here and there. Once tide got higher, the bunker stopped and I headed back to the bike.

Took a break at Pop's and then checked out the cannon, but saw tide was still too low.

Went out to the grassy area along the Fayerweather jetty but had no luck.

Water surface looked suspicious on the Black Rock Harbor side so I casted as I made my way out towards the lighthouse. One spot was where I got into a bite with a Mullet SSP-12. Total was a 21" 4 pound schoolie and 2.5 pound blue. Also had 2 other explosions, along with a number of wakes behind the lure.

As tide got higher, the bite shut down out on Fayerweather and mosquitoes have gotten pretty bad out there, so I headed over to the boat ramp. Nothing happened at the boat ramp and there was lots of boat traffic.

As police were starting to close the park, I got a text from a usual Seaside buddy where to meet him. When I get there, we started casting. It was almost sunset and we started seeing a number of splashes and swirls. As we kept casting, small bait started getting busted. We found the bait to be 2 to 4" long silversides. Both of us never got into anything, and the buddy stayed longer, but said he never got into anything.

Hit the road around 9:30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: