CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Tide Weather Moon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Tide Weather Moon Reply with quote

Sunday afternoon I arrived at Breezy Point just after 2. High tide was scheduled for 10:59am and low 5:07pm. Skies throughout the day were overcast with the sun shining through. Winds were a steady 8 to 12 southwest. Local buoy ranged from 68.5 to 70.7 while fishing. Air was mild but not hot. Brought my 8' Star Rods Aerial with me this time.

Tide had already gotten too low to be casting from Breezy Point, so I checked out Remington, but nothing.

Went out onto the breakwater but nothing.

Checked out the city ramp and saw the small tailors busting bait, but couldn't get into anything.

Went out to Fayerweather Island before hitting my honey hole. On the incoming tide, the honey hole produced a small 17" schoolie on an olive/white Salty's Fathead. Never had any other followers or hits.

As tide kept coming in and sunset was approaching, terns and blues started getting active. There was peanut bunker all up and down the western side of the Fayerweather jetty, with more farther out in the open. I was keeping an eye on 1 huge thick school, which eventually started getting busted. Kept throwing a custom 1oz 6" Sand Eel pencil popper and landed 2 small tailors. Missed out on a gator that did 3 shots out of the water as it followed the pencil popper.

The big school of bait eventually left and things shut down once it was sunset.

Ended the night at Remington with nothing.

It's looking like I'm done with Remington and now it's that time when peanut bunker have gotten very thick at the western end of Seaside. Last year around this time was when tailors were beginning to bust peanut bunker along the Fayerweather jetty and by the beach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: