CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Kings Island 9/20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigRigBassFish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Kings Island 9/20 Reply with quote

Well first off, my initial plan was to fish Rainbow Res but upon arrival, I noticed the water was a glowing green color. Anyone know why? My second choice was Kings Island. Launched my kayak and paddled the shore to the north. Picked up a dink smallmouth right away bouncing the bottom. Then i ventured across to the suffield side. Very weedy, green slime covering the surface. I went back across to the enfield side and this is where the fun began. Noticed bait being chased ALL over. I ended up with 10 good sized smallies in about 1.5 hours. Also, there was something in the middle of the river constantly coming up and crushing bait. Must of happened a dozen times. I tried my luck with the biggest topwater I had, and some swimbaits but no luck. I will definitely come back to Kings Island before any more rain comes
ryan pellegrini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info. I live in Enfield and completely gave up on the River due to how low it was. May have to go check it out again. I caught some nice size bass out of the canal ranging from 1# - 3#
BigRigBassFish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can fish the canal across the river in WL?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: