CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Long Meadow Pond, 11/5/2016
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgumprecht

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Long Meadow Pond, 11/5/2016 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Had some time to kill Sat so I thought I'd try some new water based on previous reports I read on here. Arrived at Long Meadow (Bethlehem) about 6:45 and realized it was too dark to launch so I drove to find a breakfast spot. Found Nick's Country Kitchen down the road, grabbed 2 sandwiches and headed back to the launch. I have a 10 foot jon w/ an electric motor and having never been here was not sure what to expect for "rules". Didn't see any the prohibited motors so away I went.
Finally launched about 7:30 and motored North along the Western shore. Water temp was 47. Was fortunate to notice a few breaks on the surface in the middle across from the beach. Threw a squarebill to a spot a few times and bam a good hit. First fish was a solid 3 1/2. I spent the next couple of hours circling the area and caught at least a dozen keepers with a few slime darts thrown in. Things slowed down so I headed North past the island to check out the rest of the lake. Not a single nibble as I went up and back. Returned to the start and circled for another couple hours and managed about 6 or 8 more. A very productive day IMHO.
Tight Lines - -Pete
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report, Pete. I've never been there. I thought that access was restricted in some way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Ive been looking for this for a while Reply with quote

I work all day and want to be able to fish in a spot like this. Because I work so much I don't have much time to fish very often. I use to spend hours fishing and not mind if I only caught a couple. Now I want to get out there and catch a couple in a single hour then head back home for dinner. Ill give this one a try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: