CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: SQUANTZ??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Label Angler

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: SQUANTZ?? Reply with quote

How has Squantz been this year anyone?
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlewood is getting slammed with Bass tournaments this year. Multiple clubs at every launch. The lake is already covered in floating weeds from all the bass boats up in the shallows with their trolling motors.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clinteastwood wrote:
Candlewood is getting slammed with Bass tournaments this year. Multiple clubs at every launch. The lake is already covered in floating weeds from all the bass boats up in the shallows with their trolling motors.

Thanks for heads up. I will stay FAR FAR away from that place.

I did see that state stocked it with grass carp. Problem is access and scenery. Candlewood is mostly residential with limited access.

Meh....I like the sense of nature when I fish. But I might hit it up one day for those grass carp!
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be the bass boats! Can't possibly be any of the 5000 boats registered on the lake. I fish it two to three times a week. Floating weeds have not been an issue at all. The top water bite is the best I've seen in years. When it's not drop shotting works wonders. Just a few of the three or four dozen I've caught already since May 1st,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The taking of Grass Carp in Candlewood Lake is illegal! We see it! We report it! If your gonna engage in illegal fishing activity you should think about where your posting your future illegal acts!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish wrote:
The taking of Grass Carp in Candlewood Lake is illegal! We see it! We report it! If your gonna engage in illegal fishing activity you should think about where your posting your future illegal acts!

No one said anything about harvesting the fish...I don't think that's what he intended either but I could be wrong
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish I gotta hook up with you one of these years. The old trolling method I did with my old man for 20 years doesn't work anymore for bass. I did manage a half dozen nice yellow perch today though. They are good eatin. It's tough for me to find the time to get out there so I have to make the best of it.
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way all the floating weed problems I saw a month ago are gone now. Amazing I though it would be worse.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should hook up and hit Candy! The early morning top water bite is going strong. I can definitely understand the floating weeds being and issue for trollers. I went out Thursday with my boss. He hammered 7 over three pounds on top water. Me one 3.7 on a drop shot. It's funny hos the bait of choice changes from week to week. I'll let you know when my days off are.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said Squantz not Candlewood....Dumbasses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: