CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Access to Chestnut Hill Rez Wolcott ????????????????????????
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Access to Chestnut Hill Rez Wolcott ???????????????????????? Reply with quote

I drove around there for half an hour in the dark then continued to drive around for another fifteen minutes in the early morning light and could not figure out how i can get in there with my kayak. I WAS PISSED !!!!!! Wasted time and gas because these idiots that setup the town website say nothing about how to access what they claim to be a great place to carry in a paddle boat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen people fishing from shore. I think they park on the side streets and walk in. I know there is a little wooded section that has paths worn to the water. It is quite a scam they have going.
hila2006

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you launched from the side of the road and parked. i thought i had read that somewhere.
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email to town of wolcott and surprisingly i havent got a reply.
I drove by the pond several times on the side where road is right along the water and didnt see anywhere safe to park. Granted it was either dark or barely light enough to see much. I did see some rope across an access road just beyond the dam and i suspect thats a no no parking area.
I may go back and just put my four wheel drive to use and make my own parking. jeeps on its last leg anyway

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to throw kayak over guardrail and then park on a side road after the water.
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the area mentioned by fishville. Pain in the ass! I parked right there where it looks like people park all the time. Enough room for maybe 2 cars, even though there is a no parking sign just before that area. I would suspect the sign applies to the road. I think they need to do a little better job with access!

AND how about an opening in the guard rail?? My kayak is not one you can just pick up and carry in. I have it on a cart and what a bitch getting it over that railing. Had major back surgery in May and that was the most pain in the back place to get into so far since getting back out there.

Spent majority of the time trying to get logs for map creation. Place is not very interesting at all. 30 fow with no variety. probably not going back. Down the road 2 other places much more interesting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: