CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 10/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 10/12 Reply with quote

I schlepped my kayak over to Spring Pond for a couple of hours. I was on the water from about 9:15 am to 11:15 am. The water level is very low and it's very murky. The air was a lot colder and the north wind a lot stronger than I expected. Quite frankly, I considered just heading home.

I paddled slowly around the pond counterclockwise from the culvert on the west shore. As I worked my way around, I threw a wacky-rigged five-inch Senko, a drop shot 2-1/2 inch Emerald Shiner Gulp! Minnow, a drop shot four-inch Pearl White PowerBait Minnow and a weightless Keitech paddletail swimbait.

I didn't get even a nibble for the first 1-1/2 hours.

It wasn't until I rounded the north island that something small took a swipe at the Keitech swimbait. I quickly followed it up with the wacky Senko, but got nothing.

At this point, I pretty much gave up and began heading back toward the culvert. I almost decided to stop fishing and just paddle back, but tossed the wacky Senko randomly out into the pond about 20 feet from a point on the shore. As I reeled it back in, I felt it pull through and snag up on some weeds, but as it got closer to my kayak, it began drifting toward deeper water. Hey! That's not just weeds!

The little keeper largemouth bass fought like a clump of weeds, but I suppose I should be glad that I didn't get skunked.

I guess that I should break out a spinnerbait, chatterbait or crankbait, next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: