CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housatonic River - Sunnyside 12/06
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Housatonic River - Sunnyside 12/06 Reply with quote

After posting my last report, yesterday, I thought, “Why the heck aren’t you planning to go fishing tomorrow?” So I did.

It was much windier today than it has been the past week, but it still wasn’t too bad. A steady 10 mile per hour wind isn’t THAT bad.

For some reason, ending the year without a 200 fish bag or another keeper didn’t feel right, so I fixed it. Well, part of it, anyway. I didn’t catch a keeper; my lunker was only 24 inches long:

BUT, I boated 17 dozen schoolies. In case you were wondering, that’s 204 fish.

IF that was my last trip of the year, I can live with it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you made it out one last time. A 200 fish day is going to be hard to beat. I can count on my fingers the amount of days I've caught double digits. I didn't think triple digits was even possible. One of lifes speedbumps has kept me of the water for the last 2 months and the boat has been put away for the winter. I plan on getting out a lot more frequently next year and hope to have better success. Happy Holidays to all.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mark! I actually have one more three-day window, next week, in which I might be able to get out, but the current weather forecast doesn’t look too promising.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: