CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housatonic River - Sunnyside 02/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Housatonic River - Sunnyside 02/15 Reply with quote

I got out for another solo trip on the lower Housy. I couldn’t pass up the chance, especially after checking the forecast conditions:

I launched at 9:00 am and fished until 1:00 pm. It was another one of those Deep Purple kind of mornings:

However, I caught a fish right off the ramp:

Despite the rain during the night, the bite was like yesterday’s, only worse. Not only were the fish even finickier, but they were even smaller; tiny, even;

I mean, THAT fish looked like it hatched last week!

I caught fewer fish than I did yesterday and they were all smaller. On the plus side, I had only one snag, again, and this one was hooked under the chin, so it didn’t come up backward or sideways.

The most exciting part of my day was seeing a ship come up and go back down the river:

Now, I’m thrilled to see more law enforcement out on the river, but that’s a bit much, doncha think?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Winter boating Reply with quote

Hey PECo loving the winter reports. Looks like your the only one out there fishing. Do you need to take any special precations taking the boat out in the winter. Do you need to rewinterize after every trip or just let it be?
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter boating Reply with quote

markm wrote:
Hey PECo loving the winter reports. Looks like your the only one out there fishing. Do you need to take any special precations taking the boat out in the winter. Do you need to rewinterize after every trip or just let it be?

Hey, Mark.

I don’t winterize my boat, because I keep it in a garage that has two south facing windows and never gets below about 50 degrees in the winter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh got it .Nice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: