CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Winchester Lake 05/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Winchester Lake 05/19 Reply with quote

I have to be down in Manhattan, this weekend, but I taught rmflint (aka Ryan) how to trailer my boat, today, so that he could fish in our club tourney at Winchester Lake, tomorrow. We knew it would be raining, but, for some reason, we both expected it to be a lot warmer than it was; I think we were both thinking about the mid-60s forecast for tomorrow. I wear an insulating layer under my rain gear when it’s cold, but didn’t, today.

My Jeep said it was actually only 44 degrees, so we were woefully underdressed. We ended up spending only a couple of hours on the water, from 10:15 am to 12:20 pm.

I can’t give any details, but we both caught a bunch of rock bass, Ryan caught four small keeper largemouth bass and I caught my first five-plus pound Connecticut largemouth bass of the year:

I apologize for the “secret spot” photo, but the tourney’s tomorrow. I really, really wish I could fish it. Go get ‘em, Ryan!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Winchester Lake 05/20 Reply with quote

The Empty Lake Bassmasters tourney was held at Winchester Lake, today. Ryan fished with Joe, who fished in the club as a non-boater with Dan1 (aka Dan), last year.

To make a long story short, Ryan and Joe won. Even better, Joe caught the tourney lunker, which weighed three pounds, five ounces:

Whoo hoo! They were the only team out of five that came in with a full five-fish bag of largemouth bass.

Now, I wasn’t there, but I heard that the day was windy and the bite tough. Ryan and Joe went with my usual strategy of just getting five keepers into the boat and my usual tough-bite tactic of tossing weightless wacky-rigged five-inch Senkos at any cover they found; rocks, stumps, weeds and laydowns. They definitely got it done, today.

When I returned home from Manhattan, I cleaned the fish barf out of my livewell:

Yeap, those look like crawfish parts to me, too.

Here’s an unretouched photo of the five pound, two ounce, largemouth bass that I caught while pre-fishing Winchester Lake with Ryan, yesterday:

Again, I apologize for the silly “secret spot” photo that I posted yesterday; I really hate those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: