CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Chamberlain Bethany
View previous topic :: View next topic  
basscaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Lake Chamberlain Bethany Reply with quote

Was there today for the second time this season and caught 3 bass all on the dam and was there most of the afternoon. I walked up east side and hit a few openings and west side and did the same with not even a nibble.

This lake confounds me. Its so big and beautiful but tough to fish with little shore access and usually slow fishing. Today was the best I have ever done. One was 2 1/3 lbs but the others small. Tried swim jig on shore grass and cover with no luck. Tried a crankbait out deeper with no luck and went back to spinnerbait I started with with clouds, wind and muddy water and hit them all about 10 feet off shore at the dam.

Anyone have an opinion on this place or some success they can share? Find it hard to believe the bucket brigade has emptied this huge reservoir out.
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably caught the bass at the dam because it’s the deepest water you could reach from shore. When everything starts to cool down like it has, lately, the fish tend to go deeper.

Last edited by PECo on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
basscaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that makes sense. I didn't think the water temp was getting that cold yet and after the warm rain/front thought they might head shallow.

This lake is deep too. about 60 feet at its deepest pretty close to the dam.

thanks.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this lake, wish I can kayak it. There is Carp and Pike in there as well!

It's tough fishing for sure though! Any time of the year (based on my experience)
basscaster

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went back today for more abuse. traveled the entire lake. fished everything in the tackle box and every method. 0.0 bass and 2 med small slime darts. I just don't get how there are so few fish in such a huge lake with plenty of different inaccessible areas and so little fishing pressure.

anyone been there this year?
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is fish, we are just not catching it....

Fishing with plastics is extremely difficult in most bodies of waters in CT. You can catch them, but the % goes down significantly.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: