CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Team style tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Team style tournaments Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Anyone know any clubs that are doing team formats friendly for a pairing such as my girlfriend (who's fished very little) and I. I've been doing tournaments for a long time, but I want to get her into the sport and she wants to do it with me.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ochofish8

It's been a looong time since I've logged into CTFishTalk. If you're still looking for a bass fishing club with which to fish tournaments, I can recommend Empty Lake Bassmasters, of which I'm a member.

It's a very small club with two angler teams and fewer than 10 boats, which means that we can fish some of the smaller lakes. We fish 14 tourneys a year on Sundays, and pre-pay fees and dues at the beginning of the season. This year, I believe that the total fees and dues are $560 per boat or $280 per team member. This covers the entry fee and lunker pool for each of the 14 tourneys, plus $10 for dues, which covers miscellaneous costs. We pay out first place, second place and the lunker pool after each tourney.

All of the club members are easygoing and fish for fun. Nobody's too intense about it. I certainly wouldn't be dragging my butt out of bed before dawn on Sundays if I weren't having fun.

If this sounds like something in which you'd be interested or you have any questions, send me a PM. Our first tourney this year should be on April 18.

Phil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil, thank you for the reply. I am the TD for Tobacco Valley Bass Anglers and we fish 11 per year in singles format, I was looking for a trail to fish with my girlfriend, but that's too many to do both your club and mine haha. We did end up joining the NEBassin trail this year though. Only down side is I don't know those big lakes so I'll be learning while getting our butts kicked haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: