CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Shenipsit Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortypowers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Shenipsit Lake Reply with quote

Anyone ever fish Shenipsit Lake? I've fished a few times this year from shore and caught a few LMB early in the year.

Looks really rocky which leads me to believe it'd be good for smallmouth (it doesn't hurt that the record was set here).

Anybody ever fished it from a boat? I might try to store a canoe there early next year but I think they only allow ~25 on-site. Just curious. Seems like it wouldn't be too pressured since it's a fairly big lake and shore access is limited to the northern end. (1/10th of the shore?) It's deep too - 60+ feet (at least in the spring).
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fished there since I was about 10 (I'm 21 now) and its good fishing, it just tough from shore. They have a lot of good fish, but for a boat, you have to dry dock it and every thing cause its a watershed. There was a small pond on the backside that was great for bass and bullheads because once the lake flooded and they got stuck. For some reason it is now private property. I've pulled some small smallies out by the bridge if you climb down the rocks. Also, then end where they logged I've caught a lot of fish there. I've only had luck with bouncing rubber worms off the bottom or just old fashioned real worms sitting there.

Good luck
Old standby push button
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of something else....

DONT WADE IN THE WATER

There's lake monitors driving around all the time and they don't like that with it being a watershed and all
Old standby push button
chumley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the snip is awsome smallie lake some nice larrys in there also good luck in storing a boat space is limited and the line starts early the day before you are allowed to drop your boat off no gas only trolling motors or paddles thats it dont get caught wading you will be asked to leave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the other guys said good luck getting the boat in there but if you do the fishing there is awesome! great for smallies,largies,crappie.You are 100% right the pressure there is real low which makes the fishing that much better.so good luck too ya Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: