CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: TRUE STORY that happened Today @ West Hill Pond Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: TRUE STORY that happened Today @ West Hill Pond Reply with quote

Hi All!

O'BOY Exclamation Have I a story to tell.

Took a ride up to West Hill Pond today.
Stopped at the store, near the launch ramp, and Brenda told me the DEP had stock the pond yesterday.
Saw 2 SUV's in the parking lot with boat trailers.
Naturally I got suspicious.
Nice older woman, I know, came in from Kayaking -> Asked her if she saw the other 2 boats out there.
YES! She said and one was fishing.
So I pulled out my binnoculars and started to scan the pond.
YEAP! One guy in a boat, just off the music camp, was fishing -> So I called the DEP.
A 1/2 hour later, 2 DEP officers arrive as one boat came in.
This guy had just gotten a new boat and was just taking it out for a spin. (NO fishing gear aboard).
Now the DEP officers are sitting, watching, and waiting for the guy they can see fishing.

NOW Exclamation Here's the Kicker to this whole story.
He's from N.Y. -> Driving a big dark blue Tahoe with N.Y. plates on the SUV and boat trailer.
Has a vanity plate on the SUV and Guess what it reads -> [ L M BASS ]

Can you belive this Exclamation Shocked

I couldn't stay to watch the DEP officer make the pinch -> BUT THIS GUY IS IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT Exclamation Exclamation

A NEW YORKER! Shocked -> Hope he had his expensive non-resident Ct. fishing Lic. -> If not then, by-by fishing gear and boat and possibly more + a BIG HEAVY FINE Exclamation Rolling Eyes

Well, as the comedian "Ron White" says -> "YOU CAN'T FIX - - - STUPID Exclamation "

SeaDog1
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have fished against him many times.....interesting indeed...
Stratos17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was probably here reading our comments about the lake and spaced on the no fishing. We should post a sign there " Beware the Seadog" LOL

Serves him right!!! Maybe they'll take away his Ct fishing privledges
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they get him?
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BT!

Well, -> The DEP officers were waiting for him to come in.
I had to leave -> But I'd say Yes! They got him!
As for the outcome -> I'll ask when I see the officers again.

SeaDog1
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you really think they will take their boat and gear?

Justin
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
you really think they will take their boat and gear?

No, He would get a ticket with a court date. Probably $300 fine and lose his fishing privileges in CT for a year.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chuckc!

Well he could lose the gear and boat -> Depends if he decided to give the DEP officers any kind of serious argument and hassel.

IT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST!

I'm still trying to find out what occured.

SeaDog1
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seadog, are you going by hear say or do you have specific examples you can reference? Just curious.

Justin
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seadog, are you going by hear say or do you have specific examples you can reference? Just curious.

Justin
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was always under the impression that the only time u would lose your gear is if you are fishing without a license...but i could see a case like this being the same. im sure it was innocent and he just failed to know the regs....
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BA!

Well when you have a DEP officer tells you what ramifications can occur depending on the seriousness of an offence you tend to belive them.

As far as an example -> I had 3 that involved boating.

1. A large speed boat that refused to obey my radio requests to reduce speed at the mouth of the Housy when I was moonlighting operating a 150 passenger dinner boat -> and he on 3 occassions came by creating a heavy wake rocking my vessel and endangering my passengers.
Went to court 3 times -> 1st two he got fined heavily -> third time the boat was taken from him and his boating privileges taken for 5 years.

2. A speed boat pulling a water skier on Moodus swamped a father and 4 year old son in a canoe -> I had to cross the lake in my boat to help rescue them -> then the boat with skier passed between me (at anchor) 50 ft. from the causeway.
He got fined heavily.

3. As witness to a boating incident just south of the Haddam bridge where a boater doing excessive speed passed another without properly asking to do so (Rules of the Road Law) causing a wake that made the woman in the boat being passed loose her footing and injuring herself.
He lost his boat and fined heavily.

In each case MY WORD ALONE! after presenting my USCG Unlimited Masters Lic. to the judge at each case was sufficiant to have the accused found guilty.

I've been boating and shipping for over 35 years.

It's never the boats fault but the driver's.

It's always been a requierment as a Ship Master for me to obeyed the "Rules of the Road" to the letter.

And when I am either involved or witness to incidents such as the above -> I WILL Exclamation set the wheels of justice in motion IN A MICRO SECOND OF A HEART BEAT Exclamation
You can call me any name in the book you want -> and I'll say THANK YOU for the compliment -> BECAUSE there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for ANYONE to DISOBEY THE RULES OF THE ROAD Exclamation

That ALSO applies to knowing the fishing laws that apply to all waters in Connectcut.

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone call you names,being that there is not nearly enuff dep on the water it is up to us to report bad or dangerous behavior. So what you do is very comendable. I cannot tell you how many times i have witnessed things happen on the water (usually performed by weekenders) that could or may have caused harm. If i had a penny for every pleasure boat i have seen with booze and not enuf or no life vest on board and they never are caught i could retire (and im only 40). So keep it up.
Johnny
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JS!

I was refering to the boaters that had judgements go against them.

Oooooooh! They were quite upset with me -> TOO DAM BAD Exclamation

Operating a boat, of any size, requires obeying the "Rules of the Road" and applying some common sense and MARINE COURTESY Exclamation

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: