CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: TurtleKiss???? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
SeaDog1 - Scoville Reservoir isn't in A Fisheries Guide to Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut. Do you know why? I read online somewhere that the DEP has stocked it with trout in the past, so I can't imagine why it isn't listed in the book.

Turtlekiss - I have some errands to run in Bristol, so I might stop by Scoville today. In which direction should I go from the boat launch ramp?

Hi Phil!

All I know is that Scoville is listed in the Ct. Angler's Guide. Maybe it wasn't open for fishing at the time of publication of the Fisheries Guide.

SeaDog1
Flipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira - Nice fish and by the way, sorry but I didn't see your post about wanting to hit Bantam until after I went to Mansfield. I will be out there next Sat. in the early morning. I can't take you on my boat, though as my wife has already forbid me from letting any other woman on it. Embarassed Crying or Very sad And she hasn't even seen a pic of you. Rolling Eyes If you want to meet up let me know. Maybe we can get some people together and have a small pike tourney!
About fishing early in the morning - I think it is a good idea. I love being on the water then. It's a whole different experience and I think most fish are pretty active in the am. Usually not too much wind that early either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Reply with quote

Phil - The bowfin would be to the right of the launch in the secluded shallow area, and the bass are across from the launch & in the back coves. If you go left from the launch there's a great view where Scoville spills into the lower pond.

I'll find out why it's not listed in the book too. Give me a day or two to get you the answer.

Jim - You're right that I probably fish more than anyone here, but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing.

Flipper - I don't mind taking my boat if the wind isn't crazy. Too soon to tell now obviously...hell, I looked at today's forecast last night. When I left for Silver Lake this morning the wind was off by about 10mph and the temperature was at least 10 degrees colder. No need to apologize for the wife....I know how women are!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira,

I'm curious to know how the hell you got your little Dinhgy to Breakneck???? If you don't want to reveal then I understand but because I've walked that path with Ron's Twintroller I know what a workout that was and takes an awful lot of dedication on your part to want to do that with a little boat.

Jim
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Kira,

I'm curious to know how the hell you got your little Dinhgy to Breakneck???? If you don't want to reveal then I understand but because I've walked that path with Ron's Twintroller I know what a workout that was and takes an awful lot of dedication on your part to want to do that with a little boat.

Jim

Didn't take my dinghy. Took this:

Razz

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira, you wheeled THAT to the pond by yourself!!!! Shocked Damn, I admire your dedication! Hope the trip was worth it. Wink Very Happy

Jim
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Kira, you wheeled THAT to the pond by yourself!!!! Shocked Damn, I admire your dedication! Hope the trip was worth it. Wink Very Happy

Jim

I had help. And yeah, it was totally worth it - the pickerel wear hats. Cool

SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!! Kind of reminds me of the worm dudes from Men In Black!!

Jim
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!! LMAO!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: