CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Kayak partner Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limeymotors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Kayak partner Reply with quote

Just got back into fishing this year. I use to fish as a kid but took a 20 year break. I try to fish almost every weekend. love fishing from my kayak, lakes, rivers, or the sound. I'm learning as I go and would like to learn more. im always fishing alone as none of my freinds are into paddeling, they only want to fish with a motor. I have a pick up truck that will carry my yak as well as yours or we meet up some where. Pm me or email me at LimeyMotors@yahoo.com. thanks -Duncan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go Michael!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Duncan, you're in Plymouth, right? Have you ever paddled the Naugy just downriver from the Thomaston Dam?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not fished or paddeled the Naugy. which now that I think about it is weird because its so close to me. I always find the smaller rivers tough unless I have a second vecheial to park down stream. paddeling upstream back to my truck is not much fun. I was always told that the Naugatuck river is so poulted that there's not much fish. has this changed or was I misinformed? -Duncan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad you're up in Plymouth. I live in Bridgeport and have a kayak that I paddle and am always looking for a kayak partner who has room for an extra kayak. I have plenty of time on my hands all the time.
limeymotors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micheal I would have no problem heading down Rt8 to do some fishing with you. I usealy fish the sound out of the boat launch at 4 mile rd in old lyme. I am unfamiler with Bridgeport area, but if you know a few spots I'd make the drive. Keep me in mind when the weather warms up a bit. -Duncan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

limeymotors wrote:
I have not fished or paddeled the Naugy. which now that I think about it is weird because its so close to me. I always find the smaller rivers tough unless I have a second vecheial to park down stream. paddeling upstream back to my truck is not much fun. I was always told that the Naugatuck river is so poulted that there's not much fish. has this changed or was I misinformed? -Duncan

Well, I wouldn't eat anything out of the Naugy, but it's been getting better. Dave Faber, who owns Connecticut Outdoors in Oakville, told me about the Naugatuck Valley Outdoors Club, which has been actively working on cleaning it up for years. I've been wondering which stretches of the river are deep enough to paddle, but gentle enough to fish. I'd love to do the car shuttle thing with you and check it out after the water warms up a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of a launch that is free for kayaks and canoes not far from me and has good fishing in the area.

As for freshwater, I know of places in Fairfield County that don't get much boat pressure and have restrictions on motors, which means good places for kayaks.

Coming up in another month would be a good time to start planning trips as the water warms up, the striper run starts, and certain lakes are fishable.
limeymotors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo and Micheal, I'll be lurking this forum a lot so a PM is all it will take to to get me on the water once it warms up a bit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd like my cell number, feel free to let me know cause I do lots of texting.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I drive many times up amd down Rt 8 along the Naugy and it's a pretty rocky river and shallow.
Not many stretches of flat water north or south of Torrington.

Suggest you spend some gas money to scope-out the river before you think about paddling it.
Maybe some paddle clubs could give you some good info on the Naugy !

To be honest -> I've never seen any paddlers on it ever, not even white-water kayakers !

SeaDog1
fishfinder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen many yakkers ho down the naugy through naugatuck and beacon falls. It does get very shallow at times though especially in the summer when it hadn't rained.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
junkie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get a kayak i can get you into some great fishing in Bridgeport harbor once it warms up, from stripers and blues plus my specialty Blackfish.... just ask Michael.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As junkie, AKA Jose, said Duncan, he can get you into those fish pretty well. He knows his spots in Bridgeport and is the well-known blackfishing Bridgeporter who hits them all the time from shore.

Nice to see you post Jose!
limeymotors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a second Kayak that could be used for fishing . It's not set up for fishing but, a milk crate some pvc tubes and a few bunggies is all it would take. you would have to be around 175 pounds or you get a bit of water through the scupper holes. to be honest with you I dont know my way around Bridgeport, I only have been to the Zoo, Ferry at port Jefferson and the two paint stores off exit 5 from rt8. come on spring. -Duncan
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: