CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Wacky rigging question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richep

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Wacky rigging question Reply with quote

I have had some recent luck experimenting with wacky rigging worms (caught a 4.5 lber last Sunday). My question is how do I make it weedless? I tried those weedless hooks but I still catch a lot of junk. I caught a ton of fish on spinnerbaits this past spring, but lately nothing, So I'm trying different stuff.
shortypowers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

This thread: http://www.ctfishtalk.com/senkos-and-hooks-t1997.html had some information on wacky rigging and some comments about going more weedless.

The two suggestions, I believe were to use a hook with a wire weed guard (I think Gamakatsu makes one, and I'm sure others too) or to use a small hook and O-ring, which tended not to get too hung up.

Haven't tried either to be honest. I need to give a little more attention to wacky rigging; haven't been using senkos lately. Nice work on the 4.5 lber.
chumley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use gamakatsu hooks with the wire weed guard they woork great ,no set up is 100% weedless but it is as close as you will come good luck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dumb question, but does the weed guard go on the outside of the hook or inside clipped to the barb? With it inside, I collect a lot of junk.
chumley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they clip the barb. the gamas are circle stylish, eagle claw uses a traditional stye of hook. I dont like them ,they seem to pick up weeds. the gamas hardly ever pick up crap, the weed guard is made of pastic real good hook sets the claws have a wire guard seemed to me harder to set hook .good luck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich try this, take a #2 circle hook put it threw the eggsack of the senko or worm then swing the hook around and bury the tip in the worm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: