CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Hells Anglers Bass Club Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Hey Metalfish, Thanks, Peco, I like that name, so thats what we will call ourselves, CT BASS Balls, ooops, I mean CT BASS NUTS.... Turtlekiss, are you alright with that... I cant wait to have my thongs silkscreened, does anybody want their thong silkscreened, Hey if you dont have a thong, Walmart has them on sale for 5 bucks, And their cotton... Today I tried peircing my nipple with a spinnerbait, I think I will have to try a smaller spinnerbait, that 3/4oz had a really big hook and it kinda really hurt, I want to peirce both of them so when we are fishing I can have them spinning in the wind and have my rhinestone thong all sparkly, Ok enough said I have to go and paint my toenails, Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm confident you'll all agree that calling ouselves "The Hell's Anglers" is as good as it gets. You're welcome & yes I'm awesome.
Very Happy

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DickVanPike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never ceased (sp?) to amaze me Flippy.....Also, I like Hells Anglers....
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy.

How about :

"The Weekend Bassmasters"

"The Jig Heads"

"The Pond Masters"

"The Bass Warriers"

Just a few to think about.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell's Anglers is a good one. Twisted Evil
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

Lots of good names suggested.

I for one would opt for something that refelex's more our commitment for good sportsmanship!

Since Connecticut is known as the Constitution State.

How about "CONSTITUTION ANGLERS or CONSTITUTION BASS ANGLERS"
Has a nice ring to it, and reflex's the meaning of our commitment to good sportsmanship, fishing rules & regs.

Other than that -> " Grab Bass Anglers" for a funny name would work Exclamation Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Best regards,
SeaDog1 Mr. Green
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have a vote I guess, I dont really like the name Hells Anglers, We have got to choose quick, Im sending for the permits Monday 11/29/10
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim - thank you for arranging this. I just have some (way too thorough) observations and suggestions, not intended to be taken as bitching and/or whining:

I know that there are parking limitations, residential noise issues, town rules, lake rules, Bass Management Lake regulations, etc. The driving distances don't concern me much (since Phil agreed to be my shuttle service) and I understand that boaters bear a bigger financial burden than the non-boaters.

Candlewood, Highland, Lilly, Zoar, Bantam, and East Twin (all in western CT) are obvious givens, but Amos, Pickerel and Beseck are hardly the best fishing lakes in eastern/central CT, and they've been scheduled for March, April, and November - possibly the coldest months with the most difficult fishing. Yes, they're subject to weed growth due to their smaller size, but I'd like to see central/eastern CT represented better, perhaps with one night tourney and one Saturday tourney during summer.

I'd love for you all to see the Pickerel Lake bass in action at night. A few nights after the April tourney I went back and the activity was unreal. This has been consistent the 4 evenings/nights I've gone back this year. Apparently, I'm the only person who knows this info since I've never seen anyone stay there past sunset (probably because of the pitch black launch area and ridiculous bug situation.)

As for ice-out alternates...Silver, Holbrook, Winchester, Beseck, Moodus, Lower Bolton. I realize these are dependent on water levels, launch conditions and/or fear of stumps, but they're all legal to fish before opening day as far as I know. Holbrook is shallow...7.5 ft max depth, 4.9 average. It needs to be fished early in the season because it gets really weed-choked. There's bass in there though.

I like the idea of fishing Candlewood twice (day & night) but is there the possibility of substituting Hopeville for Highland in October? The campground closes at the end of September, but the main gate closes on the last day of October. I'm not sure if the launch at Hopeville will accommodate everyone's boats, but I did watch an 18 footer launch with no issues. There was no fee when I went on 9/26 either. A few people were drinking/camping for free. Here's my report from that trip: http://www.ctfishtalk.com/hopeville-pond-9-26-10-t5720.html?highlight=hopeville
BTW, someone pulled a 7 lber from there last week...it may be a small place, but it holds some monster bass.

You may have Beseck scheduled too late since it will probably be drawn down before 11/12.

Thank you for making Congamond a night tourney. My fishing experience absolutely sucked during the day because there was no structure aside from the docks (even in the north pond) and there were too many damn pleasure boats on the water. I'm not convinced it's worth going back to but I won't complain unless it's switched to a day event. I don't know if including it is critical though.

I wouldn't be upset to see Pachaug Pond, Coventry Lake, Crystal Lake (Ellington) or Rainbow Reservoir considered. Also, what about Gardner or Mansfield Hollow during the July or August exemption period?

Looking forward to Lilly again...wouldn't mind if it was during the day again.

I'll shut up now. Laughing

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bass Stalkers"
"Lunker Lurkers"
"Cast Masters"
"Bass Whisperers"
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Casting Crew"
"Hawg Whisperers"

ok...I'm done now.

Hey Kira...how about an end of July day tournament at Batterson Razz
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

Hmmmm! Name Question

How about -> "CONNECTICUT BASS BUSTERS"

SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lots of cool names, Kira, I hope in our phone call I answered all your questions, as for the lakes so everybody knows, I talked to DEP today, to get verbal on the tournys and a couple were changed, due to the Bass clubs in CT and NY I had to pick and choose a few locations that fit that date, the DEP already has close to 900 permits to give out, and it seems that many clubs like these smaller ponds and lakes, I will be getting permits alot earlier next year, so we will be mainly fishing bigger water lakes this year, I am excited about our 2 night tournys on Candlewood, in July, We will be fishing some lakes were there will be other tournys going on, It is amazing how our ponds and lakes get pounded each year and still produce quality fish, All ponds and lakes have parking issues and tournys could only have half the parking, so that puts a burden on some lakes, I will be asking people to team up with other members on some of our tournys, you non boaters will learn alot on these bigger waters, We will have lots of fun, The boaters I have right now are very experienced on our night tourny waters, Non boaters, make sure you have a life jacket, you will be responsible for your own life jacket, After the new year (wooopie) I will want to get everybody together, and quickly go through the season,and go over what I expect, so if you have any questions, hopefully I can answer them. Cool P.S Our first tourny is only 4 months away Very Happy
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here we go on the name of this club, thanks for all the input, As for Ct Bass Busters, that name is already taken, same for Bass Busters. Great names, So this will be our choices
Lunker Lurkers
Hells Anglers
Constitution Bass Anglers
Casting Crew
These are the 4 names I have to pick one, I will be calling some guys that arent online to get their votes, I need a tally before Sunday
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you vote for Hells Anglers all of your wildest dreams will come true. Very Happy

SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kira!

That sounds like a politician's campaign promise Exclamation Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Let's keep this a straight up vote on the name Exclamation Very Happy

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:
Hey Kira!

That sounds like a politician's campaign promise Exclamation Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Let's keep this a straight up vote on the name Exclamation Very Happy

SeaDog1 Mr. Green

Actually, it's a movie reference (Napoleon Dynamite.)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited by TurtleKiss on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: