CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Honesty?????? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hoppy,

I do have to agree with almost all of what you said.
I don't care anything about the weight of the fish I catch or anyone elses.
I'm having fun fishing ! Thumbs Up

Still since the dawn of time .... fishermen have always looked to catch the biggest fish so as to have some sort of bragging rights.
That's "OK" with me ... but I'm not in competition with anyone or care to be!

Now going for a world IGF record -> That's a horse of a different color and is serious competition.

As for the guys here on the forum -> Let them have their fun Exclamation
No one is hurting anyone.
Like I said -> They're just being your typical fisherman ! Thumbs Up Very Happy

I find the whole weight/picture thing controversy totally hilarious ! Laughing

SeaDog1
hoppy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats all im trying to say..........no need to belittle the guys that just dont know. The more time these guys put in the better they will get at judging fish. If everyone of there posts is followed by guys attacking there "guesstimates" then why would they even want to continue to post? Honestly if it wasnt for Peco and the posts alot of the new guys are putting up this site would be dead. So let it be.......go fish. I dont see it as anyone trying to be dishonest and
certainly arent testing my intelligence. I just dont feel like this topic should have even been started and ive said all i need to. Tite lines!
mikey5string

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think anyone is being intentionally dishonest.

Than being said, I have come up with an equation you can use to tell the weight of bass in photos posted here....

posters weight - 1.5lbs = actual weight

unless it is me of course. All my weights are dead on accurate. Wink
zegermanznew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mikey5string"]

Than being said, I have come up with an equation you can use to tell the weight of bass in photos posted here....

posters weight - 1.5lbs = actual weight

[/quote

Laughing HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Laughing
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoppy wrote:
PECo wrote:
In the end though, it doesn't really matter what anyone says a fish weighs, unless it's an IGFA record. Heck, I'm happy when I catch a fish that's even worth weighing. Wink

This is the best thing anyone has said in this entire post an in my opinion this post is just a waiste of space. Do you loose sleep over this crap? Who cares? I dont care who caught what, when, where, or how. I dont care if they say there 2lber weighs 5lbs. or there 5lber was really 6lbs It just doesnt or wont effect my fishing or what im going to do. Keep in mind many of the members here that do actually post are guys that are new to the sport. Every fish is huge when your fresh.....2's are 5's right?. With time comes the ability to better accurattley judge a fish's weight. Even then the only true and tried method is to weight the thing on a GOOD scale. I fail to understand why so many seem to rely on others reports for info and success when the info and success can really be found on the water putting your time in. Tite lines!

Well said!!!

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
rmflint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this isn't a response to Stephan's "guess the weight." Our fish are weighed on my touch screen rapala digital. Its pretty deadly accurate. I personally would not fudge my weights, what good does that do me? I mean I can understand when people estimate weights if they don't have a scale, but mentioning that its an estimate would be nice. Also, if you use a non digital scale odds are your weights are a bit off. Lastly as I saw mentioned before. Its annoying when people just post about their fishing trips with no pictures. How can you say you caught a bunch of quality fish between 3 and 4 pounds and not have pictures. It seems as if people just brag about mystery fish they claim to have caught rather than describing their trip in such a way that can help other members. However, if you have a picture of lunker I would love to see it, you have the right to flaunt it because its real. I for one know when I catch a nice fish I find myself constantly looking at the picture over and over again. Its exciting! Like what is the point in even posting about a good trip if you don't have pictures though. I just don't get it. Now I know sometimes people forget cameras, but there are certain individuals who seem to forgot pictures time and time again if you know what I mean. I'm not saying you people are liars, but you can't tell me you catch a fish that weighs so and so, and not have some sort of proof. I guess its just some posts to me seem really fishy (haha) and others I know are more legitimate. I can just tell when I read them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm referring to any people who commented here though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my fishing now is when Im in waders way out in the sound and I rarely take any fish home so taking my camera out out there while holding a pole with a nice toothy hlue chomping on my side and my plug bsg is a little to tricky and until Im eligible to get a new phone for free I aint risking it.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
rmflint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see your situation being different fish finder. If you got a really nice fish though would you take a picture?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rmflint"]I can see your situation being different fish finder. If you got a really nice fish though would you take a picture?[/quote]

Easy with the whole picture thing, killer.

I fish mostly by myself and from shore. Pics are pretty worthless with nothing to gauge the fish too. Shit, I have a digital scale and I only weigh probably a quarter of my catches.

Why would I post a pic anyways, so everybody can inflate their chest and tell me my weight is off?

I've never posted a picture, and I've never lied about a weight. To be honest, I really don't care about anyones opinion, praise, attention, or whatever the hell it would get me. I fish for me, period.

Complaining about not seeing pictures and bitching about the "stories" that are picture-less is like, well . . . . Reading a book, but only the captions under the pictures. Pretty stupid. Theres tons and tons of priceless information here, the pictures being just about the most useless of it all.

A picture gets you "bragging rights", it doesn't help you get more fish.

I don't mean to be rude, I just cant stand when A complains about B. What if I came on here complaining about people who DID post pictures. Like, "Yep, looks like a fish." Stop posting pictures, we all know what fish look like. Its not necessary to post a pic of every fish you catch!

But I wouldn't do that, because I don't care. For whatever its worth to you, yes, I do take pictures. But they, much like everything else I do fishing related, are for me, not you...
zegermanznew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rmflint"]I can see your situation being different fish finder. If you got a really nice fish though would you take a picture?[/quote]

Easy with the whole picture thing, killer.

I fish mostly by myself and from shore. Pics are pretty worthless with nothing to gauge the fish too. Shit, I have a digital scale and I only weigh probably a quarter of my catches.

Why would I post a pic anyways, so everybody can inflate their chest and tell me my weight is off?

I've never posted a picture, and I've never lied about a weight. To be honest, I really don't care about anyones opinion, praise, attention, or whatever the hell it would get me. I fish for me, period.

Complaining about not seeing pictures and bitching about the "stories" that are picture-less is like, well . . . . Reading a book, but only the captions under the pictures. Pretty stupid. Theres tons and tons of priceless information here, the pictures being just about the most useless of it all.

A picture gets you "bragging rights", it doesn't help you get more fish.

I don't mean to be rude, I just cant stand when A complains about B. What if I came on here complaining about people who DID post pictures. Like, "Yep, looks like a fish." Stop posting pictures, we all know what fish look like. Its not necessary to post a pic of every fish you catch!

But I wouldn't do that, because I don't care. For whatever its worth to you, yes, I do take pictures. But they, much like everything else I do fishing related, are for me...
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="zegermanznew"]
rmflint wrote:
I can see your situation being different fish finder. If you got a really nice fish though would you take a picture?

Yeah, if I nailed a nice one that I was taking home I would take a pic.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
rvolkers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i carry a measuring stick in the boat and this chart that is taped to one of my compartment flaps. we have some friendly touneys in maine at the camp and always go with this chart. i am certainly NOT SAYING that the chart is 100% accurate each fish is some what different! - BUT it seems close enough for a week-end angler!

i got off the NY dep web site - it is remarkably accurate!!!! i want to get the hook out and measure then GET THEM BACK IN THE WATER ASAP after a QUICK photo!
(http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9222.html)

Thumbs Up
angry john

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW i just worked my way threw this whole thing and all i can say is just fish. I love to fish, but i also like to banter with my online fishing buddies. I dont care if you want to add a pound or six to your fish, no skin off my back. I like pics, some of the fish look beat up and some look great. A pic shows me where the fish i want to keep are being caught. There are a lot of waters here in ct that i would not want to eat the fish from. I also fish more than the average joe, and catch fish almost always. Does that mean i have to post a pic for someone believe i caught a 5 or 6 lb fish. This is supposed to be fun KEEP IT FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!
hila2006

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: