CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housatonic River - Shelton 12/04 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
no fish in housy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to the forum and dont worry about me keyboard hiding I have no problem introducing myself at the ramp.i just think you should be helping the anglers and not the danglers...I have no problem with people helping other guys that are willing to put the effort in and thats what I do as well.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish wrote:

But honestly! I see this argument come up in all threads. But never as much as when winter striper fishing starts. There is nothing posted in this thread that isn't common knowledge already.

No kidding! The Housy in the winter is not exactly a "secret." There's great fishing on the Thames as well. OOOps! I let that one out! I meant RIVER X. Keep on posting guys. Makes for nice reading those times I can't get out.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
no fish in housy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said it was a secret...if u want to post ure success thats fine but why broadcast ure fishing spot...all these people reading the forums and showing up at these fishing ares is exactly the reason why u have to pay to launch at sunnyside during the winter months now.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no fish in housy wrote:
I never said it was a secret...if u want to post ure success thats fine but why broadcast ure fishing spot...all these people reading the forums and showing up at these fishing ares is exactly the reason why u have to pay to launch at sunnyside during the winter months now.

I actually have no problem paying for a service that's valuable to me (i.e., the right to use Sunnyside). It's like paying for a fishing license. "Pay to Play" makes sense to me. I'm not enough of a [insert group you don't like here] to think that I can or should get everything I want for free.

I know the debate will inevitably rage on about sharing versus not sharing information, but I can't help but wonder why those who oppose sharing even participate on a site like this. Doesn't learning something here that you didn't know spoil the whole experience of fishing for you? Don't you already know it all, because you've worked so tenaciously and persistently at it? Rolling Eyes

I have the luxury of being able to fish more often than most people and enjoy helping others to enjoy it as much as I. I don't post to brag about success. Unfortunately, I've had to post about failure more often. Confused I guess I'm not competitive enough or selfish enough to begrudge the success and enjoyment of others. Wink

In any case, I hope to see you out on the water. Fish on! Very Happy

Last edited by PECo on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no fish in housy wrote:

Shelton found a "Cash Cow" to boost their yearly revenue and pay for up keep of the launch so the taxpayers that live in Shelton "Who Don't Use It" don't?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY WELL SAID!!! PECo thanks for all your advice and tips,excellent repots as always....why would you be on this site if not to help others? maybe to brag? seems pretty selfish to me.

family,fishing.and a good dog. "Thats all i need"
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point is to share info and help ppl find fish where ever they are if you have a problem with sharing the water with ppl and thinking that a lake or stretch of river is yours alone better go buy a private lake . Like my partner Peco says every time we go out theres plenty of water for everyone and more than enough fish. So if you dont like posting where you get fish then dont but for me ill keep posting every piece of water I fish and thank the others here that do as well .....

Last edited by NWDarkcloud on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by "partner", Bob doesn't mean that we're a couple. Laughing My wife is laughing her ass off right now. And she's a girl. Really. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmoneyct wrote:
VERY WELL SAID!!! PECo thanks for all your advice and tips,excellent repots as always....why would you be on this site if not to help others? maybe to brag? seems pretty selfish to me.

Moderators who run the site need to start getting better at not allowing certain people to post if they're not contributing and just posting selfish remarks.
LUNKERBASSERFISHING

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is insane ! All this over some schools of dinky fish. Yes, you may get lucky like I did and pull out a fat keeper. I dont care if you catch 100 dinks or 100 keepers. If I catch a nice fish, I post it and thanks to those who comment on it. You know who you are. THIS IS A FISHING SITE FOR GOD SAKE !!!
The Housy is no secret !!!!! So, with that said , I AM GOING TO DROP A BOMB. I have been catching Striped Bass way way way way up the Naugy all the way to the Kinneytown Dam in Seymour for many many years ! Cant wait to see how many guys down there tomm !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH. FISH ON !!!!!!!!!
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Moderators who run the site need to start getting better at not allowing certain people to post if they're not contributing and just posting selfish remarks.

Well, I wouldn't say that, Michael. We can agree to disagree. It takes all kinds.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Michael wrote:

Well, I wouldn't say that, Michael. We can agree to disagree. It takes all kinds.

If we didn't agree to disagree the forum would be boring. Actually I thought all the participants in this thread were "Sportsman."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: If we didn't agree to disagree the forum would be boring. Ac Reply with quote

amen

family,fishing.and a good dog. "Thats all i need"
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see both sides and dont mind and actually like helping and ir teaching somrone to gish and do better but I dont like advertising where! You guys on the boats dont gave to worry as you can move anywhere on the river. Us shore gisherman are much more limited to where we can fish and when you drive to your lical spot where there are fish and shore access and the place is filled with out of staters that found out about this place on the web it really sucks. It would kind of be like taking all the spots you take your boats to and shutting them down to being only able to fish them from shore. Would you feel the same still, I highly doubt it!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
cpepice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
I see both sides and dont mind and actually like helping and ir teaching somrone to gish and do better but I dont like advertising where! You guys on the boats dont gave to worry as you can move anywhere on the river. Us shore gisherman are much more limited to where we can fish and when you drive to your lical spot where there are fish and shore access and the place is filled with out of staters that found out about this place on the web it really sucks. It would kind of be like taking all the spots you take your boats to and shutting them down to being only able to fish them from shore. Would you feel the same still, I highly doubt it!

I agree 100%
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: