CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housatonic River - Shelton 12/04 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
I see both sides and dont mind and actually like helping and ir teaching somrone to gish and do better but I dont like advertising where! You guys on the boats dont gave to worry as you can move anywhere on the river. Us shore gisherman are much more limited to where we can fish and when you drive to your lical spot where there are fish and shore access and the place is filled with out of staters that found out about this place on the web it really sucks. It would kind of be like taking all the spots you take your boats to and shutting them down to being only able to fish them from shore. Would you feel the same still, I highly doubt it!

Excuse me here!

Of all the offers of a "FREE" ride in 2013 I offered only "ONE" accepted. Can't tell you how many times I launched solo last year.

So Please! No "I Fish From Shore" stories!

And us boaters know that when we post the "Bucket Brigade" shows up. I still don't complain. I'm still going to post my wares "Good or Bad" as long as I know that it will help a fellow fisherman excel in the sport!

Bass Times had a article about Non Boater Etiquette. Simple rules to follow. Follow them and that free ride will be offered many times again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just becouse you offered to take people out on the boat doesnt mean that everybody is comfortable going with you and thats probably why only one person has ever taken u up on it...ure a good guy for offering to take other fisherman out but just becouse u offered to take people on the boat doesnt mean u should spot burn and ruin it for the shore anglers ..I have a boat but the days I only have a couple hours to fish I go from shore and would like to find a spot.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free ride, I remember a few if them and recall they were during the week in the morning when 99%of people work or at the last minute when it would be nearly impossible for most to make it there. Awesome for you to offer don't get me wrong but if those times were say after work or on a weekend I would have taken you up on some. I actually prefer from shore but it was would be nice here and there to go out on a boat especially when the fish are out deep like they were for awhile this year. Do you like going fishing when there is a bass tournament on the lake you want to go to, I highly doubt it because its too crowded!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
And by "partner", Bob doesn't mean that we're a couple. Laughing My wife is laughing her ass off right now. And she's a girl. Really. Laughing

Laughing
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not only fish while tournaments are on the lake I participate in them as well. Finding someone in a spot I wanted to fish only forces me to adapt to change and learn new spots and techniques. I rather enjoy the challenge.

After all! fishing is suppose to be relaxing. Not stressful. Unless I'm participating in a tourney you will rarely see me on the water on a weekend. Candlewood develops 1 foot white caps from the amount of boat traffic it receives. Then you have the youngsters on Jet Skis that have no consideration for the fact that your standing on a flat deck boat and wake you. Forget about consideration for canoes and kayaks.

The boat launches would make for some "Americas Funniest Videos." Watched a guy sent a brand new Triton through the back of his Brand New SUV last year! Takes 10 minutes to launch and two hours to pull the boat out.

So yes! You will rarely see me pleasure fish on a weekend unless we're on the water at 4am and off by noon or 8pm and off by 10am.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish wrote:
The boat launches would make for some "Americas Funniest Videos." Watched a guy sent a brand new Triton through the back of his Brand New SUV last year! Takes 10 minutes to launch and two hours to pull the boat out.

We need a whole new thread for stupid boater stories, Carl.

NWDarkcloud (aka Bob), DirtyDawg10 (aka Derek) and I got to watch a hilarious "taking the boat out of the water at the end of the season" show on Lake Champlain, which included grounding the motor on rocks and high centering the boat on rocks. The Grand Finale was "Man Overboard!" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year I'm going to bring my GoPro more often and post video's.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relaxing is the key word!!! Its hard to relax when 100 people are trying to cast on top of your line as soon as you hook a fish. They just dont understand that the fish are all over that area not just under where I just casted.

PECo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
Relaxing is the key word!!! Its hard to relax when 100 people are trying to cast on top of your line as soon as you hook a fish. They just dont understand that the fish are all over that area not just under where I just casted.

I believe that fish are more apt to feed when others are already feeding, so, unfortunately for you, throwing a lure on top of a fish already on a line isn't a bad strategy. We do that on my boat all of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, Im really talking about getting tangled up, honestly if you cast over me thats gine as long as you wait a minute so that our lines dont get tangled especially when I have a fish on.

no fish in housy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U dont need to throw on top of each other give people room to fish...if someone is catching fish and ure not its ure technique or lure selection...if u throw ure line over mine while I have a fish on ure line is getting cut.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil you though I was over casting as a technique to catch fish following yours (the wingman effect) not true I just cant cast for sh*t .
Just be glad im still hitting water and not the front seat...

I got a idea If we are going to start cutting lines for a simple tangle ups might as well mount a ramming prow on the front of the vessel and start sinking boats like the roman ships of old ......... RAMMING SPEED CAPTAIN !!!!! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWDarkcloud wrote:

I got a idea If we are going to start cutting lines for a simple tangle ups might as well mount a ramming prow on the front of the vessel and start sinking boats like the roman ships of old ......... RAMMING SPEED CAPTAIN !!!!! Laughing

Go ahead, give it your best shot! Very Happy \

Link

Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so we go from giving up secret spots to shore fisherman vs boater to finding someone on your spot because we accidentally posted your secret spot to parking issues because we posted our catches to having to pay parking fees to finding no parking at all to cutting lines to ramming boats.

Where's the irony in here. Fisherman seem to be very angry people. Well most except me, RNA, Peco and NWDC!

And to think! If it weren't for the Internet and Keyboard Warriors I might have missed all this! Will invention never cease to amaze me. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish wrote:
Ok so we go from giving up secret spots to shore fisherman vs boater to finding someone on your spot because we accidentally posted your secret spot to parking issues because we posted our catches to having to pay parking fees to finding no parking at all to cutting lines to ramming boats.

Where's the irony in here. Fisherman seem to be very angry people. Well most except me, RNA, Peco and NWDC!

And to think! If it weren't for the Internet and Keyboard Warriors I might have missed all this! Will invention never cease to amaze me. LOL

Yup I guess u got the whole picture...lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: